Saturday, June 13, 2009

Mom will be here soon...


She flies in today at noon for a week. I have my surgery (to get my left ovary out) on Monday. I am getting nervous about it already, but hopefully everything will go smoothly and I have a speedy recovery.
This week has been a super busy week...Monday I got a much needed hair cut. I just love it. Travis took this picture of me after he got home from soccer. I typically get my hair cut at Beaners out of convenience because the kids can play around while I can get my hair cut stress free...for those of you that don't know Beaners specialize in kids hair cuts...they have the jeeps, etc for the kids to sit on (while they get their hair cut), plus the ball pit to play in so it just makes sense. BUT this time I went to a newly acquired friends place that has her salon in the basement of her home. I had to take 3 kids with me, but whatever, I got a great hair cut. Man it feels good to have a hair style again. Tuesday I stayed home and cleaned the basement up for my mom. Did the whole works. Wednesday and Thursday was more errands for Dennis. Geesh he had me running all over the city this week, but hey at least he is busy! Good news! Friday I stayed home and didn't leave the house! I am super tired from this week.
Some exciting news...I joined up to be an Epicure Consultant! I love their spices and products, so I thought why not! I am not looking to do party's after party's right now, I am just wanting to let friends and family know and if they want to order they can place it through me. Their website is www.epicureselections.com .
I did this layout for the Gettin Sketchy challenge yesterday. I used everything, except for the cardboard piece, from Created with Paper June kit. I love this kit. This is the first time I used that bling and I love it! The tricky part is you have to make sure not to get any of it on your paper while you try to place it...good luck trying to unstick it! I took the picture outside and it is a bit shadowed from the sun rising...but I am tired of the layouts looking blurry and dull.
For family movie night we watched Marley and Me with Jennifer Aniston and Owen Wilson. It was really good. Way better then I expected. Even Dennis, who said NO to watching it, stayed up and watched the whole thing. It had some good funny parts. Totally worth the watch!
Tonight it is steak, mushrooms, and veggie pack...yum-o! Ps. Happy Birthday goes out to my friend Loryssa and my nephew Jayden!





2 comments:

  1. Lori, funny you should say this is your favourite kit, I'm hearing a lot of that! I LOVE what you did with both your pages...this one especially turned out great. I never want to leave open space when I scrapbook, but when I do or see someone else who has I just love the end result. You really were able to incorporate all of the elements from the kit in this one page..the eyelets, the bling, the tags, the paper, the ribbon! Glad you liked the Say It In Crystals, I'm hooked on them too. They're one of my best sellers actually. You'll be happy to hear July's kit is coming with Say It In Pearls!!!!

    Good luck with your surgery! That's great your mom is able to come and help out :)

    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, good luck on the surgery!! Secondly, you always have the BEST meals!!! They make me drool!! haha That layout is gorgeous, your scrapping has reached a whole new level and I know what you mean about that damn bling being tricky too!! haha I loved the show Marley and Me and bawled and sobbed like a baby but didn't regret watching it. It makes me sad though thinking that the time will come for my "boys" someday as they will be 12 this fall.

    ReplyDelete