Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Another wonderful weather day

today. Dennis went riding last night so I had Jacie and Travis' friends over for supper. When they were done that I loaded them up with chocolate milk and goodies and sent them downstairs to watch a movie while I stayed upstairs and tended to the little ones. It was a fun night for the kids and myself as well. I was glad to do it (and it was a rare thing to do-as it was a school night) for the kids.

I started and finished a layout yesterday as well. It was a sketch challenge from the blog Pencil Lines. The layout also qualifies for a challenge over at The Creative Type. I ran out of e's so I used 3's and turned them upside down. Everything from this layout was from Created with Paper Pocket Full of Posies kit. I just altered the white letters with Glimmermist to make it match the colours in this layout. I also received my prize from Lara over at Gutter Girlz...my name was picked and let me say look at all that goodness! WOW! Thank you Lara!!
The kids and their friends are playing on the slip n slip right now. They are giggling and having fun. Love that they are outside a lot...it wears them out and best of all they are having so much fun. Tonight they have soccer. On Monday Jacie had to come home early from soccer as she was having trouble breathing. I felt bad for her because she didn't want to miss out. She was pretty upset, crying and saying how she missed the goal cause she had to slow down and then someone kicked the ball away. Break my heart!! I will now pack her inhalers with her, so she can take it if needed and then play again. I grew up with asthma since I was about 5, so I can relate to how much in can hinder a person. The embarrassment of having to take it in front of people and suffering when you forget the inhaler at home...and it never fails that those were the times when you would have an asthma attack. I hope Jacie doesn't get in near as bad as I had it. When I was pregnant with Jacie my asthma improved and with each baby after. It improved so much that I would say I don't have it anymore. :) I hope she will grow out of it!
I didn't take anything out for supper...d'oh! It will be an easy supper anyways as the kids need to eat something quick and get their hine-ees to soccer!

2 comments:

  1. Lori totally love your layout! I do the 3-E swap a lot myself, and Z-N, or cut letters down to let what I need, it makes alphabets go further. I'm so excited about the new stuff coming in, we've got lots of great lines, and some mini kits from My Mind's Eye. I'll send out an email once everything is up online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little owl layout is soooooo cute!!!! Oh, and that prize, looks like you hit the jackpot girly!! I hope Jacie grows out of her asthma too, I can't imagine how awful it must feel to find it hard to breathe, poor kid!

    ReplyDelete