Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Change of plans...

I started the meals tonight from this cookbook (this was also where I got the meatloaf recipe was from).

First up I made Salmon with Scallions, Tarragon and Lemon. Here is all the ingredients that I needed to make it. Not too much at all eh?! It calls for low sodium chicken broth, but I just used water with Epicure Chicken bullion (which I have to say is one of my favourite products!).

Here is the side I made with the salmon, called Corn and Rice Pilaf. I was going to add the red peppers and carrot (which was NOT in the recipe) but decided after to leave it out as I wanted to stay true to the recipe. It was so good and I am glad I didn't add any other veg to it. Next time I make it, I will not hesitate to add those extra veggies, but for a first time I think it is important to stay true to the recipe. The sauce over the salmon was spot on! SO GOOD...it was very tasty. So the true test...how did the family rate it...



Dennis said it was awesome, he just loved it. Kael and Danika ate half of what I gave them. Travis ate all of it, he really liked it and Jacie ate half of it. She didn't care for the salmon...but it was her first attempt at salmon and I don't know if it was it her mind that was telling her before she even had it that she wouldn't like it, or if she truly didn't like it?! But too bad she will be getting more of it throughout her years! HA

Here is Kael in his training aka swim pants. Couldn't resist this picture!

1 comment:

  1. I looovveeee salmon! You are making me hungry here but I love all the food pics!!!

    ReplyDelete