Thursday, January 7, 2010

Potty Training AGAIN

Well it is that time, Kael is exactly 2 years and 3 months old today, so 2 days ago I started potty training. No diapers (except for bedtime), just training pants and at nap it is a pull-up. First it was a battle trying to get him to wear the training pants, so one time I called them swim pants (as he loves to go swimming) and whola...he lets me put them on now. Battle 1-mommy wins. For the past 2 days have been spent in his room, living room, basement with the potty attached to my hip. We have a deal...if he wants a show (which has never been offered to him until 2 days ago) then he has to sit on the pot to watch. So far that gives me a break from the never ending books required to keep him on the pot...ohhh I am sooo exhausted from that. I mostly make him run around naked from the waist down and close all the doors so he can't pee on the carpet. Everywhere else is either hardwood or tile, so that is easy to clean up. Carpet-not so much. He helicopters once in awhile with the pee...he will start to go and then I am screaming "just wait, just wait" and as I am saying this, he is spinning watching my whirlwind of movement to find and get his potty seat to him - hence the helicopter motion. So, so far battle 2-which is the most important-going on the potty-Kael is winning...he doesn't tell me when he has to go and just goes when I put his training pants on...oh well, at least he is willing to sit on the pot.

Christmas was a great time with my family and was so happy to have them here. The time sure went fast and was glad for it all. Dennis had taken 5 days off, which was great. It was nice to have him around. Dennis' sister, Tracy, even flew in for a few days and it was great to have her here as well. We took the kids, along with my parents and Tracy swimming...we were there for 3 hours. It was so great to have the extra hands with the little ones. It was a great time.


Here is my dad and Dennis cleaning the dust off of our fan. It was quite comical!





Well I am off to the city to do some errands! Wish me luck and success with potty training!!

No comments:

Post a Comment