Thursday, December 17, 2009

On the countdown



till all the activities are over and the family starts to arrive. I am so excited for it all to happen. The older kids are super excited and can't wait for the big day. I need to go to Walmart one more time and Costco for the food and then I should be all done! WOOHOO! Yesterday was Jacie's Christmas concert. Her class played the recorder and the song was 'God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen'. She had been practicing all week and sounded pretty good. If she takes after me she'll join band and love it. Jacie is in the dark pink shirt behind the girl with the long blonde hair.
This layout is of Travis learning to ride his dirtbike. This was last year, as he didn't get even get on it this year. I am glad for that! I think they are too young for it. I used my handwriting plus rub-ons to journal some thoughts. I also embossed some gear stamps which is hard to see but noticeable once you know they are there. This layout was just done from my brain, as I am caught up with the Sketches blog.



I just love this picture of Jacie and the papers are awesome. I just added some rub-ons, butterfly stamp, stickers, and glimmermisted the chipboard bird. As simple as this one is I just love the way it turned out.




Here is another layout of Jacie when she was just about 3. I ripped a page out of a dictionary that had 'happy' on it and gesso-ed and painted over the words I didn't need.
Tonight is Travis' Christmas concert. Should be very cute as it is his very first one in Kindergarten.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are almost ready for the big day! I have to get the mother lode of groceries today and bake some shortbread and a few other things and then I should be ready too! Of course I have to work right up until 3:00 pm Christmas Eve (ugghh) so I have to get my ass in gear!! Love the layouts, you have been on a roll!

    ReplyDelete