Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Today is a sad day

because one week ago Dennis' step-brother had a massive heart attack and died. He was in his upper 40's and taken too young. He was a son, brother, husband, father and grandpa. They are all going to need a ton of support to get through this! Dennis flew out to Kelowna for the funeral today and will be back tomorrow. RIP Dean! No one knows God's plan and why things happen, but we have to trust Him even in dark times. This quote sums it up better "Faith is the bird that sings when the dawn is still dark." My heart goes out to them all.


On a lighter note I finished my girlie girl page on Danika. I hid some journaling under the white lace. It reads after the title (girlie girl?...'Time will tell, secretly I am hoping so, but if you like cars and animals, instead of dollies (like Jacie) that's OK too!











Supper is going to be a kid favourite since Dennis is not home...hot dogs in buns, with mac n cheese! Have you ever had Superstore version of KD? It is in a white and blue box and it is so good. Luv it!
We watched Up on Sunday night as the kids didn't have school. It is a really good movie. The kids and I howled in parts. Another movie that is a fav of ours is Journey to the Center of the Earth...with Brendan Fraser.
Before I go, to those who watch Grey's Anatomy what the heck is up with them having their Christmas show two weeks ago!! That is an outrage! Puh-shaw! Just had to get that off my chest!
Gotta go, the kids are playing Guitar Hero right now and I am off to make supper. Take care.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about Denny's step brother, that is so sad. I do love your girly girl layout and that hidden journaling under the lace is genius!! I have had the superstore white KD and it's the bomb! It's Paige's favorite over the regular stuff!

    ReplyDelete