Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Super cold out

and I am sure I am part bear as I don't want to go out in this weather at all. I am fine staying at home...it doesn't bother me at all...I think it is also partly because of Kael and Danika. It's just too cold for them and feel why put them through the freezing temps if I don't have to. Danika and Kael both have runny noses and not feeling 100%. Thankfully today Danika is getting better and Kael is in day 2 of the glazed face...Dani got it first.

One great thing about the weather is I have been scrapping more and more and oh I just love it. LUV IT!
This layout is of Travis learning how to ride a two wheeler. He was 4. I made those 2 flowers out of paper and used Glimmermist on the chipboard flower. I just love that ribbon...it is my fav right now! Here is Travis at his 4th birthday. It was such a great day and it was just with us. Jacie was 6, Kael was 9 months old and I was 4 months pregnant with Danika. We went to Okotoks, had lunch outside and spent the day at the river. It was one of my favourite birthdays to this date. I did the negative 4 in two spots on this layout. One is obvious...
Here is Jacie when she was almost 4 and Travis at around 1 1/2. I love his facial expression in the bottom picture. It makes me laugh. This layout is jammed packed full of stuff. I laid a stencil on top of the layout and used Stickles to add some dimension. Hopefully you can see all the details.
Tonight I met up with the ladies and we went to a jewelry/purse/scarf/glove party. It is so great to be apart of peoples lives...you want to feel needed, wanted, and to feel that you will be missed if you aren't there. I want to have an impact in people's lives-for the better-and hope that I leave a mark where ever I go. I want to really give myself to people and not hold back. That is my New Years Resolution! To give more of myself to my friends, to my family, strangers, etc. Yes strangers-you know when you are at the grocery store and your standing in line and somehow there you are chatting it up to someone waiting in line, the cashier, etc. People need people and even though I am part bear and like to hibernate, I need to make more of an effort to get involved and get out there.

1 comment:

  1. I love your multi pic layouts Lori!! I need to find some time to scrap, I've been busy doing some DT work but need to make some time just for fun too! I know what you mean about holding back, it's the Usherism. I too am a hermit and not very chatty or social, unless I'm with my peeps.

    ReplyDelete