Sunday, April 19, 2009

A good day

was had by all today. It was a beautiful day-especially in the morning and we spent it outside pulling weeds and doing up some yard work. After the weed pulling, I chatted with the neighbours and the kids played all around. Kael was in his glory as he is an outdoor boy and loved playing with his ride-em toys and bouncing/kicking the ball around. I love chatting it up with our neighbours and getting in some adult time! Around 1pm we headed into the city have lunch at Quizno's, take a load to the dump, and then we went to Canadian Tire. On the way to the city, Den got a speeding ticket going 108 in an 80 zone. Ugh! I just finished telling him we were in no hurry and to enjoy our leisurely Sunday afternoon...$166 later we were on the road again. Geesh! So I had to rub it in that I have never gotten a ticket EVER and I am 34 years old-yes I am quite proud-and Den responded by saying that I am boring! HA! That made me laugh. When I mentioned it later he put his hand to his mouth and pretended to yawn (once again to let me know I am boring)! :) Oh well, at least we have humour, as it could have wrecked our day!
After we fed the kids supper and got Kael and Danika to bed we finished watching Harry Potter. We started last night but had to stop it as it is 2.5 hours long. The show isn't my cup of tea, but the kids liked it. A few scary parts for them, but all in all it was a hit. Friday night the kids and I watched Bedtime stories with Adam Sandler. It was really good. I highly recommend that one.
I did this layout for two challenges...one was for Letters to Scrap by...theirs was to use the colour orange...I love the colour orange and have Glimmermist in Tiger Lily and another shade of orange...I used the Tiger Lily in the top left side of the page and the other shade on the white paper where I mounted the 3 pictures. The other one was a sketch challenge at Pencil Lines. I love that sketch site. Everything is from the Created with Paper kit except the solid orange 12x12 paper, the stamps, buttons and white paint. I used the rub-ons on the buttons-which I have never done before.
Well I am going to finish my night by watching some TV.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear bedtime stories is a good movie, I just got that one hoping it was a fun family flick. Great work with the kit! Your page turned out great. It seems funny to me to see summer pictures as we just had snow here this morning! And it has just almost all melted Oh well...soon enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I must be boring too because I've never had a speeding ticket either! haha Love that layout wtih the glimmermists, I bought 2 more colors on the weekend, bringing my grand total to 4 now! They are sooooo addicting!!!

    ReplyDelete