Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas and

a happy New Year! Christmas was great and was enjoyed by all. On Christmas Eve we all went to church and after we got back Den's sister and her husband arrived, along with my mother in-law's boyfriend. We had chili and bread for supper and had a nice visit before getting the kids off to bed.
Jacie got up around 6am Christmas morning and once coffee was made and some prep work for breakfast (I fried up the sausage and bacon and put it in the oven on warm) we headed downstairs and did the stockings, followed by presents. I love watching the kids rip open their gifts and getting them to hand out presents.


I sure miss the extra help now that my in-laws are gone. It was nice having them here and did I mention all the extra help!


I sure wish our parents were closer for obvious reasons...to my thrilled surprise my parents are on their way up as I write this. They decided to come up for a quick visit! I am so glad!


This layout I did for the Dreamgirls challenge. I am so glad I was able to finish it. I honestly thought I was going to be SOL, as it is so hard to find the time during the day to do it. At night I would rather watch TV (as I need the break and need to relax)...I wish I could see our big TV from my craft room, as then I would get a lot more layouts done. Oh well...
I went on Amazon.ca this morning and ordered $73 worth of books...What is so amazing about Grace, Jesus I never knew, Twilight, New Moon, The Bone Garden (Tess Gerritsen), Wreck This Journal-which I will have a very hard time doing as it is so out side of my 'perfectionism box', and Rape of Nanking (which my sister in-law told me about)...and it all gets shipped for free...love that!
Ok, time to eat leftovers before Danika wakes up from her morning nap! Take care everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a good Christmas and thanks for letting me know about The Story Matters! How cool is that? Love your Dream girls layout and I love ordering from Amazon too!! I really need to get back to my wreck your journal but there are only so many hours in the day and so many projects!! haha

    ReplyDelete