Sunday, March 1, 2009

God is testing me

and I am failing miserably. One of the fruits of the spirit is patience and I am flawed in that area. The kids are fighting more and more with each other, coupled with the nah nah nah nah voice, well this and that, NO to us, I'm bored, etc I am losing my mind. We think it all stems from the Wii and video games, so that is turned off for at least a week to see if any improvements are made. Back to one movie at quiet time and that is it for TV, computer, etc. Play with your toys and be grateful for what you have. Kids don't seem to be grateful for what they have these days-speaking about mine here-they just take for granted what they have and how lucky they are. This is going to change. They should feel like saying Thank You to us for suppers, clean clothes, toys, and each other. I am going to start too, by taking some extra time to play with them, instead of always being busy with other things...in part I need to get off this computer as well. A lesson learned by all.

The layout I did used some glittermist on the May circle and the chipboard corner that I turned by the title. I used a new technique, to me, which I ripped out a page in my old school dictionary (felt totally wrong when I did it), applied Gesso to it and let it dry. Then I stamped on it and drew a rectangle around the word Play and sport. This technique I will be using more and more!

1 comment:

  1. I'm diggin the orange here and the strip of pics!! You are really rockin the layouts! I totally hear what you are saying about kids too! I taught mine from when they were very young to always have manners, say please and thank you, etc... and now it's like it's all gone out of their heads. I don't know if it's a teen thing (well Michael is 19 so he's like a man now!!) or what but it's so frustrating. Just you wait until 13 or so....aaaahhhhh!!!

    ReplyDelete