Monday, October 13, 2008

I entered my first ever scrap challenge

OMG! Well I did it! I just finished linking my layout for a scrap challenge at One Little Word. The word was Keep and this is the layout I did for it.

I am not looking for a win at all (I have a long way to go for that), but these challenges really do get your mind going and keep you scrapping. I find a lot of times I don't know what to call a layout, but I don't have to worry about that part if I am doing a challenge! Anyway the main thing is it was fun!

Hope everyone's Thanksgiving was fun great. We had our big supper on Thursday, as the weekends are just too busy and I wanted to be with the the family instead of in the kitchen as it was just us. I baked a lot this weekend...gingersnap cookies, peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies, haystacks and oatmeal coconut cookies (which I took to church). Everything turned out good and can you believe the only cookies we have left are the haystacks! Geesh!

Dennis and Travis are outside packing down the yard (getting all the outdoor toys put away, tarping the air conditioners, etc). Jacie has a friend over and Kael and I are hanging out. I am still in my PJ's, but oh well...it is one of those days where I just cleaned the kitchen including the fridge and ouside cupboard doors, etc...yes I am nesting big time! My dad told me on Sat that it is only 52 days till due date! I am hoping my mom comes the week before the due date and we can organize and clean like crazy. I am trying to do a bit each day, but I am not good at organizing!

Tootles!

2 comments:

  1. You go girl.......keep being inspired. I have some suggestions for you. Do a page on your immediate family as individuals. How about your extended family that you've never met (England). Just a thought. That'll keep you busy for awhile. Your pages are very good and I know they have tremendous meaning for you.
    Good luck on your "keep" page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This layout is so sweet! I love all the pics of her and I totally agree about the challenges, that why I do them! I find they inspire me to think outside the box and I love being a part of it and seeing everyone's take on them. I'm so happy to see you playing, you'll get hooked fer sure!!

    ReplyDelete