Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Baby is head down...

which is great news. I had my u/s yesterday and the tech said baby is measuring 38 weeks (I am 37 weeks right now), baby estimated weight is 7 pounds, 11 ounces and there is lots of fluid around him/her. All great news. I have my baby doctor appointment tomorrow and I am looking forward to that.

I did this layout today for the OLW (One Little Word) challenge-the word they picked was Listen. It took me forever to come up with what the heck I was going to write about. I almost gave up...thankfully I stuck with it! It is really overcast today, so I couldn't get good light to take this picture...hopefully it isn't too grainy.
Oh more good news from yesterday...my layout was picked (from random draw) on the Letters to Scrap By challenge. I think my jaw hit the floor when I read I was the winner!! Yeehaw!
Dennis is working, as usual, so it is just me and the tribe. I am trying to get out and get milk, but they are playing so nicely and it is getting close to Kael's nap time, so maybe after quiet time we can get out...
The kids asked me what Remembrance Day was about, so I explained and we took a few minutes to think about how lucky we are and what today is all about. It is nice to talk to them about things and I try to answer their questions as honestly as possible, on any subject they come to me about. I think it is important that they get the real answers from us and our values as much as possible (to their age level). I want to have that open and honest relationship with them and hope they feel like they can come to us anytime they want/need to. Jacie came up to me the last day of grade 1 and asked me if I knew what the F word was...I was like yes can you spell it for me and she did and to my horror it was the real F word. I asked her where she heard it and she said school (She goes to K-grade 8). That is the drawbacks to older kids around younger kids. I was very calm and said to her that is was a bad word and that we should never say it and thanked her for coming to me and telling me what she heard. Last week she asked me if I knew what "the bird" was...I think I am going to home school the kids!!

No comments:

Post a Comment