Sunday, November 30, 2008

Just in the nick of time

I finished this layout for the Design Experiment. Feels good to get a layout done and again, wouldn't have thought of it without the help of the challenges.

Today was very busy! First was to get out the door by 10:15am to go to church. After church I dropped off the family, except the baby, and headed to the grocery store. Danika was hungry time we got home, so while I fed her, Den brought in all the groceries...which was a great help. Then after he was done unloading all the groceries, he took Jacie and Travis swimming. Danika is sleeping now and Kael is playing by himself, so I am just eating my lunch (at 4:23pm)...so my supper now. Geesh! Where does the time go!

Danika sleeps well and eats well. We had her baby doctor appointment on Wednesday and she weighed 8lbs, 5 ozs so she lost 9 ounces and gained back 4 of them. The doctor wants to see her this Wednesday to see if she gained back all the weight she lost. For those who don't know babies typically lose weight for the first few days after being born until the milk supply comes in (for those who exclusively nurse). Danika fell in the acceptable range and there is no worries. Now that my milk has come in full force she will have no problem gaining weight now! Last night she slept from 8:30pm-2am!! That was awesome, as I slept from 9pm-2am! That made me feel human again!


Also, we had three suppers delivered to us last week from 3 different ladies from our church! How nice was that. It is nice to be thought of and we really appreciated it. Also, my neighbour, and friend, has really helped out with driving my daughter to and from school last week-I usually drive mornings and she picks up after school. It is so awesome to have people help out and again it is very appreciated.


2 comments:

  1. She is just beautiful Lori!! I love that 2nd pic, she has such a cute look on her face and her mouth looks so cute while she's sleeping! The layout is awesome, love the torn edges and layers! I've said this before I think but your scrapping has entered a whole new level!! Oh, and I can't believe you would be thinking already about uttering those words!!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Lori, so glad to hear all went well and it's so wonderful to see the pictures of your beautiful new daughter.

    ReplyDelete