Saturday, November 8, 2008

Date night was a

success! I managed to get a babysitter that lives right across the street and the kids absolutely loved her. I had her come an hour before we left and let her and the kids play before we headed out. We went to a Italian restaurant right here in our small town, so there was no big city rat race or hustle and bustle. The food is real (not packaged) and was prepared by a real gourmet chef! It was YUM-O and my kind of place! I had the veal scallopini Lemone with brushetta to start and Dennis had the pork tenderloin medallions with tiger prawn shrimp to start-both came with fresh linguine alfredo pasta! I am going to try to get the babysitter once a month! It was a great time.

This layout was for a challenge at Gettin Sketchy that I started and finished today. This is my first ever 'sketch' challenge and I really enjoyed it. I used a pin (which is hard to see) through the lace and the blue ribbon and crinkled brown card stock paper behind the chipboard hearts.
Tonight I am making pork cutlets for supper with pasta and corn. I am so hungry already...so I am going to start it right after I am done posting. The homemade cream of veg soup I made the other night started out as a potato leek soup but while I was sauteing the leeks in olive oil I added carrot, celery, broccoli, potatoes, 2 cartons of chicken broth, a bay leaf, dried thyme, salt and pepper and let it simmer gently until the carrots were tender. Took out the bay leaf and then I got out my hand held blender and pureed most of it (I
left some chunks it in though). Then I added some milk and Voila! I would thicken it with cornstarch next time though. Oh when I put it into our bowls I added a mound of grated cheese on top! YUM-O! Serve with bread, fresh buns, crackers, etc.
I always love to know what people are eating and I am famous for asking "what's for lunch/supper?" Feel free to let me know!

5 comments:

  1. Lori, too funny I was working with January's up and coming kit and I did two layouts with those same kind of scallop circles, so much fun to work with! And as far a cooking goes, my husband lost a bet and had to make dinner all this week, here was his menu!

    Sunday
    Chicken Stir Fry
    Saffron Basmati Rice
    Bok Choy

    Monday
    Roast Beef (Slow cooked)
    Asparagus, Carrots, Peas
    Yorkshire Pudding

    Tuesday
    Left overs from Monday + Fresh Steamed Broccoli

    Wednesday
    Rosemary Garlic Cornish Game Hens
    Apple Cabbage Salad

    Thursday
    Fish, Pacific wild salmon or Tuna Steaks
    Wild Rice

    Friday
    Hamburgers (Frozen)
    Applebees Oriental Chicken Salad

    Saturday
    Lunch
    Pita Pizzas

    Supper
    Steak and Brown Beans
    Tossed Salad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your husband sure has his work cut out for him. That is one awesome menu!! If it was mine we would all starve as the only food he 'makes' is what he brings home from a restaurant on the days I don't feel like cooking!! HAHA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, first of all I wish Toni would adopt me so I could be fed this menu!! haha Sounds like your date night was awesome! I cooked spicy italian sausages, cheddar perogies, peas and canned beets for supper tonight. Then I topped it off with Coors Light!! hahaha And you are sooo right, day 7 will be really hard!! It's totally the paper that is out of control!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to get invited to dinner at Toni's house! Ha ha.
    Love the sound of the soup... going to have to try that out.
    Here is my plan so far:
    Monday: Crock pot beef
    Tuesday: New meatloaf recipe
    Wednesday: Parmesian Pork loin
    Thursday: Cheese Manicotti
    Friday: Taco Soup

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys rock with the food!! I keep looking over the menu's and drooling! Last night I made a cross rib roast, mashed potatoes, carrots and gravy. We are having it again tonight. I LOVE perogies and haven't had them in a long time. Callista, do you make your cheese manicotti from scratch (besides the noodles, that is)? You'll have to provide the recipe along with the taco soup one too!! :) That sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete